Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail Biking Options:
Directions from the cyclery to the North section of the Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail.
Distance to Trailhead 2.8 Miles
1) Head west towards downtown Glen Arbor.
2) Left onto S. Oak St. (first road on left).
3) Right onto State St.
4) Left onto Lake St.
5) Left onto Northwood Dr.
6) Left onto Fisher Dd.
7) Trail will start approximately .5 miles down the road to the left.
Directions from the cyclery to the south section of the Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail.
1) Head west into downtown Glen Arbor.
2) Go straight through the 4-way stop onto harbor highway (m-109).
3) Take the next left onto forest Haven Dr. (look for stone pillars).
4) Trail will be approximately 1/2 mile down on your right.
Interested in Mountain Biking? Explore Palmer Woods
Safe Biking Rules
• Company policy requires all renters to wear a bike helmet at all times when biking.
• Michigan law requires bikers to ride on the right shoulder of the road and obey all traffic laws.
• Pedestrians have the right of way.
• Ride on the right side of the trail and share with others.
• Pass on the left and give audible warning.
• A national park pass is required when recreating within the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore.
Want to donate and help build the sleeping bear heritage trail north to its full 27 miles? Visit www.sleepingbeartrail.org